KENT, John II, of Bedford.

Published in The History of Parliament: the House of Commons 1386-1421, ed. J.S. Roskell, L. Clark, C. Rawcliffe., 1993
Available from Boydell and Brewer



Family and Education

Offices Held

Bailiff, Bedford 1408; mayor 1414-15, 1416-17.1


Kent’s name first appears on the Bedford burgess roll of 1399; and in the following year (as ‘of Bedfordshire’) he offered sureties to the sheriff for a prisoner in the