DEPHAM, William, of Wycombe, Bucks.
Available from Boydell and Brewer
Family and Education
Bailiff, Wycombe 25 Mar. 1365-6.1
Such notices of Depham as remain are concerned almost exclusively with his acquisition of land and other property in the Wycombe area. In 1379 he and John Corbrig, another burgess, purchased two houses in the town. Nine years later, in December 1388, he and the vicar of the neighbouring parish of Wooburn were granted by the borough a tenement in Crendon Lane, Wycombe, for which they undertook to pay a rent to the collectors of the guild of St. Mary. Certain trading privileges were attached to the property. In 1394 Depham and William atte Dene* bought a small local farm from Isabel, wife of William atte Halle*, and at about the same time the two men became feoffees for Thomas atte Lude regarding premises in Wycombe and elsewhere nearby. The last notice of him occurs in 1402, when he went surety for the attendance in Parliament of John Sandwell.2