Dr Patrick Little
|Senior Research Fellow||Commons 1640-1660|
History of Parliament Research
My work at the history of parliament has concentrated on the MPs who sat for Ireland and Scotland during the protectorate, as well as the members for the English counties of Dorset and Cornwall. I have recently revised the MPs who sat for London, Westminster and Middlesex.
Research and Publications
My publications include:
- The English Civil Wars (London, 2014),
- Oliver Cromwell: New Perspectives (Basingstoke, 2008)
- The Cromwellian Protectorate (Woodbridge, 2007),
- Parliaments and Politics during the Cromwellian Protectorate (with David L. Smith) (Cambridge, 2007),
- Lord Broghill and the Cromwellian Union with Ireland and Scotland (Woodbridge, 2004).